WordPress 4.3 released
WordPress 4.3 was released Aug. 18 and, once again, focuses on easier content creation and site customization.
- Customizer enhancements allowing live preview of menu updates
- Easier formatting in visual editor using shortcuts: “*” for lists, and “#” for headings
- Ability to easily create or update your site icon that reflects your brand on your website
- Enhanced password security with automatic secure password generation
- and more… see the official WordPress 4.3 blog post
Note that automatic background updates only applies minor releases automatically by default. This means that a major release, like this one, will probably require manual intervention. Ensure you check that you are on the current release.
- Minor releases have a second decimal point with a third digit to the right of it, such as 4.2.4
- Major releases only have one decimal point and two digits, as in 4.3
Tags: new release
Trackback from your site.